This soup has great flavor and depth. There's so many different textures and flavors.
Mulligatawny, which literally means “pepper water,” is an English interpretation of an Indian dish. It has seemingly limitless versions, but most have curry and a bit of chicken. We've added tart Granny Smith apples, plenty of spice and a touch of coconut milk.
13 Reviews for Chicken Mulligatawny
I've had several mulligatawny soups, but none that tasted like this. Even the spices tasted off. The apples overpowered it and light coconut milk didn't make it creamy at all. Overall it was disappointing, but the toasted almonds are a nice touch.
For sure I will make this again! Even my 4 yr old and 15 month old loved it. I used 1/2 teaspoon of madras and 1teaspoon of regular curry so t wasn't too spicy for the little ones.
I used one apple and substituted the other for a red pepper just give it some color. It was delicious, my 9 yr old daughter couldn't stop commenting on how great it smelled while I was cooking it. Definitely be making this again!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)