Today, I was looking on the web for low sodium recipes and this one stood out. I've never made chicken this way before and it was absolutely delicious! My wife and 3 kids ate it up with no leftovers. There was lots of garlic which we love and it had a creamy, tangy sauce that you pour over after it is all cooked. I also liked this because it was a lower sodium recipe, but you would never know it. No loss of flavor at all without the salt. Give this a try, you won't be disappointed.
Chicken in Garlic-Vinegar Sauce
From EatingWell: January/February 2009
Braising chicken in vinegar and herbs is a very popular way of cooking in Mediterranean Europe. Often paired with sweet sausage, this is a gutsy, wholesome dish that can be made a day ahead. Serve with whole-wheat couscous tossed with fresh herbs and steamed broccolini.
12 Reviews for Chicken in Garlic-Vinegar Sauce
It was delicious, and very satisfying. Will certainly make it again. Used chicken breasts and served on brown rice to keep sodium low. Didn`t taste at all like a low-sodium meal.
50 minutes definitely made for overcooked chicken, but the sauce is very tasty. We had it over brown rice the first night and over multi-grain pasta with leftovers the next day.
We loved this dish. I served it with herb-tossed boiled potatoes instead of couscous and Frenchgreen beans. I used 20 cloves of garlic because we really love garlic. Didn't have sour cream, but Greek yogurt was fine instead. 50 minutes would have been too long to simmer; I stopped at 25, and it was cooked perfectly.
Great dinner for the whole family -- kids to picky father-in-law all enjoyed it. I only wish I made more for leftovers. Super easy to make!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)