Chicken Fajita Wraps
Sliced chicken, tenderized in lime juice, combines with a spicy sour-cream sauce in this tasty wrap. Serve with Vinegary Coleslaw and Spiced Pinto Beans.
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast, trimmed of fat
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Several dashes of hot sauce, to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 whole-wheat tortillas, heated (see Tip)
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 plum tomato, thinly sliced
- Preheat broiler.
- Place chicken in a shallow dish and sprinkle with lime juice, 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper. Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Whisk sour cream, cilantro, hot sauce, cumin and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt in a small bowl.
- Place the chicken and onion on a lightly oiled baking sheet and broil for 3 to 5 minutes. Turn the chicken over and stir the onion. Broil until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle, 3 to 5 minutes more. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into thin slices.
- To assemble wraps: Place the tortillas on a work surface or plate. Top each with half of the chicken, onion, lettuce and tomato. Top each with half of the sour cream mixture and roll into wraps. Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: Wrap tortillas in barely damp paper towels and microwave on high for 30 to 45 seconds.
Per serving: 299 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 66 mg cholesterol; 29 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 28 g protein; 3 g fiber; 529 mg sodium; 346 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (30% daily value), Vitamin A (20% dv), Vitamin C (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 3 very lean meat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Cinco de Mayo
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient