Chicken Fajita Wraps
Sliced chicken, tenderized in lime juice, combines with a spicy sour-cream sauce in this tasty wrap. Serve with Vinegary Coleslaw and Spiced Pinto Beans.
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast, trimmed of fat
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Several dashes of hot sauce, to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 whole-wheat tortillas, heated (see Tip)
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 plum tomato, thinly sliced
- Preheat broiler.
- Place chicken in a shallow dish and sprinkle with lime juice, 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper. Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Whisk sour cream, cilantro, hot sauce, cumin and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt in a small bowl.
- Place the chicken and onion on a lightly oiled baking sheet and broil for 3 to 5 minutes. Turn the chicken over and stir the onion. Broil until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle, 3 to 5 minutes more. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into thin slices.
- To assemble wraps: Place the tortillas on a work surface or plate. Top each with half of the chicken, onion, lettuce and tomato. Top each with half of the sour cream mixture and roll into wraps. Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: Wrap tortillas in barely damp paper towels and microwave on high for 30 to 45 seconds.
Per serving: 299 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 66 mg cholesterol; 29 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 28 g protein; 3 g fiber; 529 mg sodium; 346 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (30% daily value), Vitamin A (20% dv), Vitamin C (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 3 very lean meat
More From EatingWell
Make cooking Thanksgiving dinner easier with these simple...
If hungry guests are on their way for Thanksgiving dinner,...
These healthy, flavorful Thanksgiving side dishes are...
Use wild rice in a variety of healthy side dishes, including...
One of the most iconic fall vegetables, squash is a versatile...
Sauces and relishes provide the sweet or savory flavor...
Tender, sweet and just a little nutty, Brussels sprouts add a...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
There's nothing more enticing than walking into the kitchen...
If you have celiac disease or are sensitive to gluten, there...
Serve one of these healthy vegetarian main dishes, and you're...
The holiday season is the perfect time to use fresh...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
If you’re looking for a quick and easy appetizer to make for...
Entertaining is made easy with these delicious brunch recipes...
Take the stress out of Thanksgiving with these easy, healthy...
- Cinco de Mayo
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient