Chicken Fajita Wraps
Sliced chicken, tenderized in lime juice, combines with a spicy sour-cream sauce in this tasty wrap. Serve with Vinegary Coleslaw and Spiced Pinto Beans.
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast, trimmed of fat
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Several dashes of hot sauce, to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 whole-wheat tortillas, heated (see Tip)
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 plum tomato, thinly sliced
- Preheat broiler.
- Place chicken in a shallow dish and sprinkle with lime juice, 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper. Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Whisk sour cream, cilantro, hot sauce, cumin and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt in a small bowl.
- Place the chicken and onion on a lightly oiled baking sheet and broil for 3 to 5 minutes. Turn the chicken over and stir the onion. Broil until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle, 3 to 5 minutes more. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into thin slices.
- To assemble wraps: Place the tortillas on a work surface or plate. Top each with half of the chicken, onion, lettuce and tomato. Top each with half of the sour cream mixture and roll into wraps. Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: Wrap tortillas in barely damp paper towels and microwave on high for 30 to 45 seconds.
- To warm tortillas, wrap in barely damp paper towels and microwave on High for 30 to 45 seconds or wrap in foil and bake at 300°F until steaming, 5 to 10 minutes.
Per serving: 299 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 66 mg cholesterol; 29 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 28 g protein; 3 g fiber; 529 mg sodium; 346 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (30% daily value), Vitamin A (20% dv), Vitamin C (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 3 very lean meat
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Cinco de Mayo
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient