Chicken en Papillote
Steaming “en papillote” ensures that none of the nutrients are lost during the cooking process.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound total), trimmed
- 4 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 2 leeks, trimmed, cleaned and cut into 2 1/2-inch-long matchsticks
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 2 1/2-inch-long matchsticks
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme, or 1 teaspoon dried
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut 4 pieces of parchment paper or foil 12 inches by 16 inches. Fold in half to form an 8-by-12-inch rectangle, then cut into a half-heart shape as you would a valentine.
- Place a chicken breast in the center of one half of each opened paper heart. Spread mustard evenly over chicken breasts. Distribute leeks, carrots and thyme over the chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Seal the packages and place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake until the packages are puffed, 10 to 12 minutes. (Open one package to check that the chicken is no longer pink inside.) Transfer to individual plates and let diners open their own packages.
Per serving: 169 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 63 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 24 g protein; 2 g fiber; 260 mg sodium; 381 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (118% daily value), Selenium (30% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 3 lean meat
More From EatingWell
Making a satisfying, low-calorie dinner is easy with our one-...
It’s easy to make a healthy dinner recipe without dirtying...
Grab a box of your favorite whole-wheat linguine or penne...
Good news for people who eat breakfast—they tend to weigh...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
Cutlets—typically a thin slice of meat cut from the rib...
Whether you’re watching your finances or just trying to put a...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
There is no room for a roast that's anything less than...
Chocolate is such a rich and indulgent treat it almost seems...
Creamy blue cheese isn’t just for salads and dressing anymore...
Chopped, layered, pulsed or stirred, these easy dips are...
Ginger pairs well with soy sauce, chile peppers and garlic,...
Our healthy pumpkin dessert recipes are lighter twists on the...
A popular meat around the globe, lamb is raised and consumed...
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less