Chicken en Papillote
Steaming “en papillote” ensures that none of the nutrients are lost during the cooking process.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound total), trimmed
- 4 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 2 leeks, trimmed, cleaned and cut into 2 1/2-inch-long matchsticks
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 2 1/2-inch-long matchsticks
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme, or 1 teaspoon dried
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut 4 pieces of parchment paper or foil 12 inches by 16 inches. Fold in half to form an 8-by-12-inch rectangle, then cut into a half-heart shape as you would a valentine.
- Place a chicken breast in the center of one half of each opened paper heart. Spread mustard evenly over chicken breasts. Distribute leeks, carrots and thyme over the chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Seal the packages and place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake until the packages are puffed, 10 to 12 minutes. (Open one package to check that the chicken is no longer pink inside.) Transfer to individual plates and let diners open their own packages.
Per serving: 169 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 63 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 24 g protein; 2 g fiber; 260 mg sodium; 381 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (118% daily value), Selenium (30% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 3 lean meat
More From EatingWell
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
Don’t be fooled: granola sounds healthy, but it's often high...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Summer's bounty of fresh berries invites creativity. From...
Fiber-rich okra is delicious, whether pickled, roasted or...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
If you’re following the Paleo Diet then you know that you...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less