Chicken en Papillote
Steaming “en papillote” ensures that none of the nutrients are lost during the cooking process.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound total), trimmed
- 4 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 2 leeks, trimmed, cleaned and cut into 2 1/2-inch-long matchsticks
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 2 1/2-inch-long matchsticks
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme, or 1 teaspoon dried
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut 4 pieces of parchment paper or foil 12 inches by 16 inches. Fold in half to form an 8-by-12-inch rectangle, then cut into a half-heart shape as you would a valentine.
- Place a chicken breast in the center of one half of each opened paper heart. Spread mustard evenly over chicken breasts. Distribute leeks, carrots and thyme over the chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Seal the packages and place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake until the packages are puffed, 10 to 12 minutes. (Open one package to check that the chicken is no longer pink inside.) Transfer to individual plates and let diners open their own packages.
Per serving: 169 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 63 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 24 g protein; 2 g fiber; 260 mg sodium; 381 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (118% daily value), Selenium (30% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 3 lean meat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- Ease of Preparation