Chicken en Papillote
Steaming “en papillote” ensures that none of the nutrients are lost during the cooking process.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound total), trimmed
- 4 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 2 leeks, trimmed, cleaned and cut into 2 1/2-inch-long matchsticks
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 2 1/2-inch-long matchsticks
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme, or 1 teaspoon dried
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut 4 pieces of parchment paper or foil 12 inches by 16 inches. Fold in half to form an 8-by-12-inch rectangle, then cut into a half-heart shape as you would a valentine.
- Place a chicken breast in the center of one half of each opened paper heart. Spread mustard evenly over chicken breasts. Distribute leeks, carrots and thyme over the chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Seal the packages and place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake until the packages are puffed, 10 to 12 minutes. (Open one package to check that the chicken is no longer pink inside.) Transfer to individual plates and let diners open their own packages.
Per serving: 169 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 63 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 24 g protein; 2 g fiber; 260 mg sodium; 381 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (118% daily value), Selenium (30% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 3 lean meat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique