Chicken Club Wraps
From EatingWell: May/June 2014
Whole-wheat tortillas provide a tasty twist in this quick grilled chicken breast recipe that combines all the elements of a classic club sandwich into a wrap. Serve with extra napkins.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 3 strips cooked bacon, crumbled
- 8 large leaves red- or green-leaf lettuce
- 4 10-inch flour tortillas, preferably whole-wheat
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Sprinkle chicken on both sides with 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Oil the grill rack (see Tip). Grill the chicken, turning once or twice, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 165°F, 15 to 18 minutes. Transfer to a clean cutting board and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk yogurt, vinegar, onion, oil, salt and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl. Chop the chicken into bite-size pieces and add to the bowl along with tomato, avocado and bacon; toss to combine.
- To assemble the wraps, place 2 lettuce leaves on each tortilla and top with chicken salad (about 1 cup each). Roll up like a burrito. Serve cut in half, if desired.
Tips & Notes
- Oiling a grill rack helps keep grilled food from sticking. Oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the hot rack.
Per serving: 526 calories; 26 g fat (5 g sat, 12 g mono); 70 mg cholesterol; 39 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g total sugars; 34 g protein; 11 g fiber; 901 mg sodium; 587 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium & Vitamin C (17% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 vegetable, 3 1/2 lean meat, 3 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- Ease of Preparation
- May/June 2014