Chicken Club Wraps
From EatingWell: May/June 2014
Whole-wheat tortillas provide a tasty twist in this quick grilled chicken breast recipe that combines all the elements of a classic club sandwich into a wrap. Serve with extra napkins.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 3 strips cooked bacon, crumbled
- 8 large leaves red- or green-leaf lettuce
- 4 10-inch flour tortillas, preferably whole-wheat
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Sprinkle chicken on both sides with 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Oil the grill rack (see Tip). Grill the chicken, turning once or twice, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 165°F, 15 to 18 minutes. Transfer to a clean cutting board and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk yogurt, vinegar, onion, oil, salt and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl. Chop the chicken into bite-size pieces and add to the bowl along with tomato, avocado and bacon; toss to combine.
- To assemble the wraps, place 2 lettuce leaves on each tortilla and top with chicken salad (about 1 cup each). Roll up like a burrito. Serve cut in half, if desired.
Tips & Notes
- Oiling a grill rack helps keep grilled food from sticking. Oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the hot rack.
Per serving: 526 calories; 26 g fat (5 g sat, 12 g mono); 70 mg cholesterol; 39 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g total sugars; 34 g protein; 11 g fiber; 901 mg sodium; 587 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium & Vitamin C (17% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 vegetable, 3 1/2 lean meat, 3 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- Ease of Preparation
- May/June 2014