Served this with egg noodles for a quick weeknight dinner for 4. Had enough leftover for lunch for 2.
From EatingWell: The EatingWell Healthy in a Hurry Cookbook (2006)
A cacciatore was a hunting-lodge dish, a way to slow-simmer tough game birds to tenderness. Flavorful chicken thighs need no special treatment but they do take so well to the traditional wine, tomato and mushroom sauce.
4 Reviews for Chicken Cacciatore
This is an easy recipe to reduce for just two people. I added some sliced green bell pepper and served with just a little pasta to soak up the sauce. Delicious! A definite keeper!
I added coursely chopped cauliflower to the veggie mixture,doubled the sauce, and simmered for 30 minutes after all ingredients were combined. Even heartier and healthier!
Delicious healthy version of an old "Joy of Cooking" favorite of mine. Pretty quick, too.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)