Excellent. Served it twice now, one time for family and one time for company. Got compliments both times and then my friends wanted the recipe,
Chicken Breasts with Roasted Lemons
Tangy roasted lemons harmonize beautifully with chicken. They are also delicious chopped and sprinkled over fish.
9 Reviews for Chicken Breasts with Roasted Lemons
Eating Well has been my "bible" for recipes since I was 18 (I'm 28 now). It's the only resource I use to find recipes outside of the family traditions. I am quite the amazing cook :) but I do have my favorites. And this is definitely one of them. Any chance I have to make lemon peels edible, I will definitely take advantage of it! I crave this dish often and have filled many happy bellies with this one!
I don't understand how people are complaining about the lemons. Perhaps three is too many? I used two, and since you put them in at the end, they give the dish a lovely, light lemon flavor that isn't overpowering at all. Like another reviewer, I also used frozen peas (but be sure not to put them in when the recipe says to add the capers - they'll be way overdone with almost 10 minutes in the broth). It was a great substitute since I didn't have capers on hand. Definitely recommend!
This is the very first recipe from this site, that my family did not like. We really love lemons, but this was really bitter and unappetizing! I did follow the recipe. I like the idea of roasted lemons- I think next time , I would use 2 or 3 slices of a lemon - not 3 whole lemons.
This was great!!! Do not miss out on the roasted lemons---instead of capers I substituted frozen green peas
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)