I love these things. I've brought them to potlucks over the years and they are always popular. They are fun to eat, the consistency is dry and crewy. The recipe as is doesn't make many so plan on doubling the recipe if you'd like to share with more than 2 people. Asiago or Pecorino cheese works as well.
Chewy Manioc Cheese Puffs
From EatingWell: February/March 2006
These Parmesan-flavored puffs have an elastic consistency somewhat like mochi, the Japanese dough made from pounded glutinous rice. It's hard to stop eating them, especially when they're warm.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- 5 “bad” foods you should be eating (331 comments)
- The #1 food you should eat (and probably don't) (211 comments)
- 3 reasons you should snack on popcorn (124 comments)
- How to pickle anything (no canning necessary) (119 comments)
- 3 reasons you should reach for canola oil when you’re cooking (102 comments)
- What’s Fresh: Is corn healthy or not? (99 comments)
- The best breakfast foods for weight loss (78 comments)
- Is Coconut Oil Healthier Than Butter? (76 comments)
- How to make a healthy smoothie: best smoothie ingredients & 10 to ditch (75 comments)
- Trying to save money? 15 foods you don’t need to buy organic (72 comments)