Cherry-Vanilla Bean Milkshake
From EatingWell: May/June 2010
So thick you’ll need a straw and a long spoon to enjoy this frosty cherry-vanilla milkshake.
- 1 10-ounce bag frozen pitted cherries (about 2 1/4 cups)
- 1 cup reduced-fat “light” vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split lengthwise, or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place cherries, ice cream and milk in a blender. With the tip of a sharp knife, scrape all the black paste from inside the vanilla bean into the blender (or add vanilla extract); blend until smooth. Stop and stir once or twice if necessary to completely blend.
Per serving: 276 calories; 4 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 23 mg cholesterol; 51 g carbohydrates; 11 g added sugars; 9 g protein; 3 g fiber; 108 mg sodium; 636 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (26% daily value), Potassium (18% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 nonfat milk, 1 carbohydrate (other), 1 fat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Beverages, nonalcoholic
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- May/June 2010
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)