I cut this in half and used frozen blueberries and cherries to make a smaller cake for the husband and I...awesome with whipped cream!
From EatingWell: May/June 2011
Buckles are a traditional fruit-studded dessert that’s like a soft, moist cake. We use a combination of cherries and raspberries here, but try any fruit combination that sounds good to you. Just don’t exceed the total of 3 cups fruit—too much fruit will make the cake too wet.
2 Reviews for Cherry-Raspberry Buckle
I made this recipe to use up some Frozen Raspberries and home-made Canned Cherries I had. I also used GF flour and coconut milk. The only changes I would make the next would be to add some more spices or add more cinnamon. It needs more flavor. Which with Fresh fruits would make a difference too.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)