Originating in the countryside around the town of Limoges, France, a clafoutis is a baked fruit pudding.
- 1 pound tart cherries, pitted
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup evaporated nonfat milk
- Confectioners' sugar for dusting
- Place rack in upper third of oven; preheat to 375°F. Coat a 9-inch glass quiche dish or other small shallow baking dish with cooking spray. Combine cherries and 1/3 cup sugar in the prepared dish. Bake until the cherries are tender and very juicy, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs, flour, vanilla and the remaining 1/4 cup sugar in a mixing bowl until smooth. Whisk in evaporated milk.
- Drain the juices from the cherries into a small bowl, holding back the fruit with a metal spatula. Reserve the juices. Redistribute the cherries over the bottom of the dish and pour in the egg mixture. Bake until puffed and set, 12 to 15 minutes. Dust with confectioners’ sugar and serve immediately, with the reserved cherry juices spooned over the top.
Per serving: 202 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 106 mg cholesterol; 42 g carbohydrates; 6 g protein; 2 g fiber; 65 mg sodium; 309 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (33% daily value), Vitamin C (19% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 3 other carbohydrate, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- Ease of Preparation