This is just another fruit and yoghurt dessert with biscuits added. Yoghurt just doesn't cut it. A trifle should have real cream, custard or pudding mix and jelly as well as the fruit and the sponge biscuits. It falls short of a real trifle and because cherries are always expensive to buy in Australia I don't think i'd use them in a yoghurt dessert. I would use them in a real trifle that i'd serve at Christmas. That said, I think this recipe looks delicious and I would love to eat it as I love cherries, greek yoghurt and almonds. YUM!
Individual Cherry-Blueberry Trifles
From EatingWell: May/June 2010
Easy as can be, these layered cherry-blueberry trifles are a simple make-ahead dessert. We like to use fresh fruit when in season, but frozen (thawed) fruit is delicious and easy.
4 Reviews for Individual Cherry-Blueberry Trifles
I made a 9 x 12 dish instead of individual cups. It needed more yogurt, but was delicious.
Mmm, these are so yummy and are an elegant dessert to serve company. Thanks!
Diabetes appropriate ?
I don't think so ....
Not with sugar and lady fingers !
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)