Cherry Amaretti Gratin
From EatingWell: July/August 1994
Sweet amaretti crumbs make a quick, low-fat topping that is a perfect foil for tart cherries.
- 4 cups tart cherries, (about 1 1/2 pounds), pitted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon amaretto liqueur
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup coarsely crushed amaretti crumbs, (about 18 amaretti)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss cherries, lemon juice, amaretto and cornstarch in a medium bowl. Arrange in a 1-quart gratin dish or pie plate or in 4 individual dishes.
- Stir together amaretti crumbs and brown sugar in a small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over the cherry mixture. Bake until cherries are bubbling and the topping is golden, 20 to 30 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes. Dust with confectioners’ sugar and serve warm.
Per serving: 370 calories; 7 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 74 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 8 g fiber; 138 mg sodium; 194 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 4 1/2
Exchanges: 5 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- Ease of Preparation
- July/August 1994