Cherry Amaretti Gratin
From EatingWell: July/August 1994
Sweet amaretti crumbs make a quick, low-fat topping that is a perfect foil for tart cherries.
- 4 cups tart cherries, (about 1 1/2 pounds), pitted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon amaretto liqueur
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup coarsely crushed amaretti crumbs, (about 18 amaretti)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss cherries, lemon juice, amaretto and cornstarch in a medium bowl. Arrange in a 1-quart gratin dish or pie plate or in 4 individual dishes.
- Stir together amaretti crumbs and brown sugar in a small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over the cherry mixture. Bake until cherries are bubbling and the topping is golden, 20 to 30 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes. Dust with confectioners’ sugar and serve warm.
Per serving: 370 calories; 7 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 74 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 8 g fiber; 138 mg sodium; 194 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 4 1/2
Exchanges: 5 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Turnips are a root vegetable with purple-white skin and a...
A piping-hot bowl of soup makes a delicious dinner and an...
Instead of ordering takeout tonight, try an easy chicken stir...
Whether you’re eating chickpeas in a salad, pasta dish or...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
Vegetables are one of the healthiest foods you can eat,...
Our healthy low-carb desserts are delicious ways to end your...
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- July/August 1994