Cherry Amaretti Gratin
From EatingWell: July/August 1994
Sweet amaretti crumbs make a quick, low-fat topping that is a perfect foil for tart cherries.
- 4 cups tart cherries, (about 1 1/2 pounds), pitted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon amaretto liqueur
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup coarsely crushed amaretti crumbs, (about 18 amaretti)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss cherries, lemon juice, amaretto and cornstarch in a medium bowl. Arrange in a 1-quart gratin dish or pie plate or in 4 individual dishes.
- Stir together amaretti crumbs and brown sugar in a small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over the cherry mixture. Bake until cherries are bubbling and the topping is golden, 20 to 30 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes. Dust with confectioners’ sugar and serve warm.
Per serving: 370 calories; 7 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 74 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 8 g fiber; 138 mg sodium; 194 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 4 1/2
Exchanges: 5 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- July/August 1994