Cherry Amaretti Gratin
From EatingWell: July/August 1994
Sweet amaretti crumbs make a quick, low-fat topping that is a perfect foil for tart cherries.
- 4 cups tart cherries, (about 1 1/2 pounds), pitted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon amaretto liqueur
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup coarsely crushed amaretti crumbs, (about 18 amaretti)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss cherries, lemon juice, amaretto and cornstarch in a medium bowl. Arrange in a 1-quart gratin dish or pie plate or in 4 individual dishes.
- Stir together amaretti crumbs and brown sugar in a small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over the cherry mixture. Bake until cherries are bubbling and the topping is golden, 20 to 30 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes. Dust with confectioners’ sugar and serve warm.
Per serving: 370 calories; 7 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 74 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 8 g fiber; 138 mg sodium; 194 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 4 1/2
Exchanges: 5 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- July/August 1994