Cherry Amaretti Gratin
From EatingWell: July/August 1994
Sweet amaretti crumbs make a quick, low-fat topping that is a perfect foil for tart cherries.
- 4 cups tart cherries, (about 1 1/2 pounds), pitted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon amaretto liqueur
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup coarsely crushed amaretti crumbs, (about 18 amaretti)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss cherries, lemon juice, amaretto and cornstarch in a medium bowl. Arrange in a 1-quart gratin dish or pie plate or in 4 individual dishes.
- Stir together amaretti crumbs and brown sugar in a small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over the cherry mixture. Bake until cherries are bubbling and the topping is golden, 20 to 30 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes. Dust with confectioners’ sugar and serve warm.
Per serving: 370 calories; 7 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 74 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 8 g fiber; 138 mg sodium; 194 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 4 1/2
Exchanges: 5 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- July/August 1994