Cheesy cornsticks are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite soup or chili.
- 1/3 cup nonfat milk
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cornmeal, preferably stone-ground
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Asiago or Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly oil a cast-iron cornstick mold or muffin pan or coat it with cooking spray.
- Combine milk, egg white and oil in a measuring cup; stir briskly with a fork until mixed. Whisk together flour, cornmeal, cheese, baking powder, sugar and salt in a medium bowl. Make a well in the center and add the milk mixture. Stir just until combined.
- Spoon a heaping tablespoon of the batter into each of 8 cornstick molds or divide the batter among 4 muffin cups. Bake until set and lightly browned, 10 to 12 minutes.
Per serving: 158 calories; 7 g fat (2 g sat, 3 g mono); 9 mg cholesterol; 19 g carbohydrates; 6 g protein; 1 g fiber; 462 mg sodium; 59 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Super Bowl