Cheesy cornsticks are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite soup or chili.
- 1/3 cup nonfat milk
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cornmeal, preferably stone-ground
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Asiago or Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly oil a cast-iron cornstick mold or muffin pan or coat it with cooking spray.
- Combine milk, egg white and oil in a measuring cup; stir briskly with a fork until mixed. Whisk together flour, cornmeal, cheese, baking powder, sugar and salt in a medium bowl. Make a well in the center and add the milk mixture. Stir just until combined.
- Spoon a heaping tablespoon of the batter into each of 8 cornstick molds or divide the batter among 4 muffin cups. Bake until set and lightly browned, 10 to 12 minutes.
Per serving: 158 calories; 7 g fat (2 g sat, 3 g mono); 9 mg cholesterol; 19 g carbohydrates; 6 g protein; 1 g fiber; 462 mg sodium; 59 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Super Bowl
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less