Cheesy cornsticks are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite soup or chili.
- 1/3 cup nonfat milk
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cornmeal, preferably stone-ground
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Asiago or Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly oil a cast-iron cornstick mold or muffin pan or coat it with cooking spray.
- Combine milk, egg white and oil in a measuring cup; stir briskly with a fork until mixed. Whisk together flour, cornmeal, cheese, baking powder, sugar and salt in a medium bowl. Make a well in the center and add the milk mixture. Stir just until combined.
- Spoon a heaping tablespoon of the batter into each of 8 cornstick molds or divide the batter among 4 muffin cups. Bake until set and lightly browned, 10 to 12 minutes.
Per serving: 158 calories; 7 g fat (2 g sat, 3 g mono); 9 mg cholesterol; 19 g carbohydrates; 6 g protein; 1 g fiber; 462 mg sodium; 59 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Super Bowl
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique