Cheesy cornsticks are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite soup or chili.
- 1/3 cup nonfat milk
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cornmeal, preferably stone-ground
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Asiago or Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly oil a cast-iron cornstick mold or muffin pan or coat it with cooking spray.
- Combine milk, egg white and oil in a measuring cup; stir briskly with a fork until mixed. Whisk together flour, cornmeal, cheese, baking powder, sugar and salt in a medium bowl. Make a well in the center and add the milk mixture. Stir just until combined.
- Spoon a heaping tablespoon of the batter into each of 8 cornstick molds or divide the batter among 4 muffin cups. Bake until set and lightly browned, 10 to 12 minutes.
Per serving: 158 calories; 7 g fat (2 g sat, 3 g mono); 9 mg cholesterol; 19 g carbohydrates; 6 g protein; 1 g fiber; 462 mg sodium; 59 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Super Bowl