Cheese & Chive Baked Potatoes
From EatingWell: January/February 1999
Chives and cottage cheese are a simple topping for baked potatoes.
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 1/4 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Scrub potatoes well and pierce in several places with a fork.
- Bake potatoes directly on the center rack until tender, 45 to 60 minutes.
- Top each potato with 1 tablespoon cottage cheese and 2 teaspoons chives. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 145 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 31 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 5 g protein; 2 g fiber; 66 mg sodium; 727 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium (21% daily value), Vitamin C (18% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 starch
More From EatingWell
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
Eating meatless at least once a week has a host of health...
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
These healthy vegan recipes take you on a virtual trip around...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- January/February 1999
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- What Does a 1,500-Calorie Diet Look Like? (84 comments)
- EatingWell 28 Day Meal Plan Help (50 comments)
- EatingWell 7-Day Meal Plan Help (32 comments)
- Week #1: Are You Ready for a Change? (30 comments)
- Bottled Water vs. Tap (29 comments)
- EatingWell Magazine Digital Subscriptions or Single Issue Copies (28 comments)
- 3 Antidotes to Overeating (24 comments)
- The Wild Salmon Debate (21 comments)
- 7 Steps to Permanent Weight Loss (20 comments)
- Boost Fiber to Slim Down (18 comments)