Cheese & Chive Baked Potatoes
From EatingWell: January/February 1999
Chives and cottage cheese are a simple topping for baked potatoes.
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 1/4 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Scrub potatoes well and pierce in several places with a fork.
- Bake potatoes directly on the center rack until tender, 45 to 60 minutes.
- Top each potato with 1 tablespoon cottage cheese and 2 teaspoons chives. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 145 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 31 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 5 g protein; 2 g fiber; 66 mg sodium; 727 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium (21% daily value), Vitamin C (18% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 starch
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- January/February 1999
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)