Wasn't awful but thought it was kinda blah - even with chx stock as some other readers had recommended. Needs something - bacon, cayenne, ??? - to give it a bit more zing.
Cheddar Cauliflower Soup
From EatingWell: January/February 2010
Start your meal off with a bowl of this satisfying, easy cheesy cauliflower soup.
36 Reviews for Cheddar Cauliflower Soup
I love this soup! I, too, used chicken broth instead of the water, thinking I'd want the added flavor and saltiness. But I now think I'd only add 1/2 stock and 1/2 water as the cheese provided plenty of salt. Ahead of making it, I also thought I'd be pulsing some in a blender to thicken the liquid, but that isn't necessary at all. It's a hearty, tasty soup!
Yum...instead of water, I used reduced sodium chicken broth. It stepped up the texture and flavor and only adds 30 total calories. I also pureed some of the mixture to make it feel thicker also. If you're not worried about sodium, add a little more as it will be under seasoned.
Quick and easy to make and tastes great. A nice recipe for a busy weekday.
I was really impressed. It tastes like a light version of potato cheese soup. I used reduced fat cheddar, green cauliflower and wheat flour. I had it w/a slice of toasted pumpernickel bread. Delicious. Will definately be making this soup again.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)