I made this last night with our first swiss chard from the garden. I loved the combination of the chard and the walnuts. Next time, I'll probably use bacon instead of pancetta since it was $5.99 for 4 ounces!
Chard with Shallots, Pancetta & Walnuts
For this simple sautéed chard, flavored with rich-tasting pancetta and walnuts, we prefer the milder taste of green chard.
4 Reviews for Chard with Shallots, Pancetta & Walnuts
I used tofu bacon because we had some extra for my vegetarian son; it would be better with pancetta (but less healthful). The shallots gave it a sweet taste.
I used 1/3 cup of chopped walnuts, because we love the crunch of nuts in recipes like this. I thought it was a good prep for chard. Next time I think I'll use speck, instead of the pancetta for a smokier flavor.
I'd use a teaspoon instead of a tablespoon of lemon juice -- as-is, the lemon overtakes all of the other flavors. It seems to have potential, but it's hard to tell with such an overwhelming lemon flavor.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)