Really liked this recipe. Added 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts for a little texture.
Chard with Green Olives, Currants & Goat Cheese
From EatingWell: December 2006
Tangy green olives, sweet currants and creamy goat cheese turn chard into a sophisticated treat, just right paired with lamb chops.
5 Reviews for Chard with Green Olives, Currants & Goat Cheese
I have never eaten swiss chard and browsed the recipes in EW. I agree with the other reviewer who said not so much on the creamed chard and better to stick with this one. It was delicious. I plan to make swiss chard like this again. I swapped pomegranate seeds for the currents since we have never even seen a current in So Cal.
I love the combination of flavors between the chard, currants and olives, plus the fact that the entire chard, stems and all, get used. A hit at potlucks and homemade dinners, too. And it's super-healthy.
This is a delicious way to get some greens in. When I make it again I think I'll omit the olives as they made the dish a little too salty for my taste, but this recipe can hold up even without them.
Quick, easy, and tons of great flavor. Swiss Chard & Goat Cheese is always a good combo!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)