These are so delicious. I substituted couscous for the beans and baked the squash, and it was super good. It definitely has the potential to play around with the filling a bit. Next time, I might try kale for the chard. Yum!
Acorn Squash Stuffed with Chard & White Beans
From EatingWell: November/December 2009
Acorn squash’s natural shape makes it just right for stuffing. This filling has Mediterranean flair: olives, tomato paste, white beans and Parmesan cheese. Serve with: Mixed green salad with radicchio and red onion and crisp white wine, such as Pinot Grigio.
30 Reviews for Acorn Squash Stuffed with Chard & White Beans
We enjoyed the mix of flavors but will make it without the tomato paste next time. The tomato paste seemed to take away from the more interesting flavors of the squash and chard. Will also use fresh oregano and feta instead of the parmesan.
It's a good recipe but both my husband and I thought the chard/bean filling needed something besides the kalamata olives for flavor. Next time I'll try adding some Italian herbs, red pepper flakes, and a splash of lemon juice.
This is a very easy recipe and the flavors blend perfectly. My husband went back for seconds and asked me to make this again a week later. Fantastic!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)