Slivered Celery Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing
From EatingWell: January/February 2012
Blue cheese, celery and a dash of hot sauce—it’s a tried-and-true combo as an adornment for Buffalo wings. So it’s no surprise that it also works to make a killer salad! Serve with turkey burgers or roast chicken.
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups diagonally sliced celery (1/4 inch)
- 1/4 cup chopped tender celery leaves
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons diagonally sliced scallions, divided
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese, divided
- Whisk buttermilk, yogurt, hot sauce and salt in a medium bowl.
- Add celery, celery leaves, 1/2 cup scallions and 1/4 cup cheese; fold until blended. Serve sprinkled with the remaining scallions and cheese.
Per serving: 72 calories; 4 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 11 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 5 g protein; 1 g fiber; 334 mg sodium; 224 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Super Bowl
- January/February 2012