Slivered Celery Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing
From EatingWell: January/February 2012
Blue cheese, celery and a dash of hot sauce—it’s a tried-and-true combo as an adornment for Buffalo wings. So it’s no surprise that it also works to make a killer salad! Serve with turkey burgers or roast chicken.
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups diagonally sliced celery (1/4 inch)
- 1/4 cup chopped tender celery leaves
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons diagonally sliced scallions, divided
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese, divided
- Whisk buttermilk, yogurt, hot sauce and salt in a medium bowl.
- Add celery, celery leaves, 1/2 cup scallions and 1/4 cup cheese; fold until blended. Serve sprinkled with the remaining scallions and cheese.
Per serving: 72 calories; 4 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 11 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 5 g protein; 1 g fiber; 334 mg sodium; 224 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Ring in the new year with low-calorie recipes from our new issue...
Jump-start your morning with our healthy, low-calorie...
A perfectly ripe avocado is the perfect addition to salads,...
It’s time for the avocado to shake its bad rap: sinfully...
Celebrate the holiday season with low-calorie recipes from our...
Skip the super-greasy fried food and creamy dips and go for...
Make a healthy snack for kids with one of our easy snack...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Eating healthy snacks is a good way to stave off hunger pangs...
Spaghetti and Meatballs is a classic, comforting Italian...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Resolve to eat healthier? No matter how busy you are, get in...
Breakfast is the most important meal—giving you a much-needed...
People who are most successful at losing weight—and keeping...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Super Bowl
- January/February 2012