Slivered Celery Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing
From EatingWell: January/February 2012
Blue cheese, celery and a dash of hot sauce—it’s a tried-and-true combo as an adornment for Buffalo wings. So it’s no surprise that it also works to make a killer salad! Serve with turkey burgers or roast chicken.
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups diagonally sliced celery (1/4 inch)
- 1/4 cup chopped tender celery leaves
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons diagonally sliced scallions, divided
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese, divided
- Whisk buttermilk, yogurt, hot sauce and salt in a medium bowl.
- Add celery, celery leaves, 1/2 cup scallions and 1/4 cup cheese; fold until blended. Serve sprinkled with the remaining scallions and cheese.
Per serving: 72 calories; 4 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 11 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 5 g protein; 1 g fiber; 334 mg sodium; 224 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Super Bowl
- January/February 2012