Slivered Celery Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing
From EatingWell: January/February 2012
Blue cheese, celery and a dash of hot sauce—it’s a tried-and-true combo as an adornment for Buffalo wings. So it’s no surprise that it also works to make a killer salad! Serve with turkey burgers or roast chicken.
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups diagonally sliced celery (1/4 inch)
- 1/4 cup chopped tender celery leaves
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons diagonally sliced scallions, divided
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese, divided
- Whisk buttermilk, yogurt, hot sauce and salt in a medium bowl.
- Add celery, celery leaves, 1/2 cup scallions and 1/4 cup cheese; fold until blended. Serve sprinkled with the remaining scallions and cheese.
Per serving: 72 calories; 4 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 11 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 5 g protein; 1 g fiber; 334 mg sodium; 224 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Super Bowl
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- January/February 2012