From EatingWell: November/December 2011
Sliced eggs and ruby-colored salmon roe top whole-grain crackers for a sophisticated appetizer.
- 24 slices hard-boiled egg (about 4 large eggs; see Tip)
- 24 small, round whole-grain crackers
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon salmon roe caviar
- 24 small sprigs fresh dill
- Place a slice of egg on each cracker. Top each with 1/2 teaspoon sour cream and about 1/8 teaspoon caviar. Garnish with a dill sprig.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook at the barest simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, pour out hot water and cover the eggs with ice-cold water. Let stand until cool enough to handle before peeling.
Per piece: 38 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 36 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 0 g fiber; 54 mg sodium; 32 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Type of Dish
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Ease of Preparation
- November/December 2011