Catalan Spinach Sauté
In minutes, standard pantry items can transform frozen spinach into a satisfying side dish or omelet filling.
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound frozen cut-leaf spinach
- 1/4 cup currants
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- Balsamic vinegar, to taste
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a skillet; add onion and garlic and sauté until beginning to soften. Add spinach and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through. Stir in currants, pine nuts, a splash of balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
Per serving: 120 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 6 g protein; 5 g fiber; 122 mg sodium; 557 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (270% daily value), Vitamin C (50% dv), Folate (39% dv), Calcium (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)