Cashew-Snow Pea Stir-Fry
From EatingWell: May/June 2010
Radishes add a burst of color to this easy snow pea stir-fry and cooking them tames their spiciness.
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chile-garlic sauce (see Note)
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 cups snow peas (about 9 ounces), trimmed
- 3/4 cup trimmed and quartered radishes (about 1 bunch)
- 4 scallions, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons unsalted cashews, toasted (see Tip)
- Combine soy sauce, vinegar and chile-garlic sauce in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ginger; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add snow peas, radishes and scallions; cook, stirring frequently, until the peas are tender-crisp, 2 to 4 minutes. Add the sauce and stir to coat well. Remove from the heat; stir in cashews.
Tips & Notes
- Ingredient Note: Chile-garlic sauce is a blend of ground chiles, garlic and vinegar. It can be found in the Asian section of large supermarkets. Refrigerate for up to 1 year.
- Kitchen Tip: To toast nuts, place in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Per serving: 90 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 2 g fiber; 185 mg sodium; 236 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (57% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- May/June 2010