Cashew-Snow Pea Stir-Fry
From EatingWell: May/June 2010
Radishes add a burst of color to this easy snow pea stir-fry and cooking them tames their spiciness.
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chile-garlic sauce (see Note)
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 cups snow peas (about 9 ounces), trimmed
- 3/4 cup trimmed and quartered radishes (about 1 bunch)
- 4 scallions, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons unsalted cashews, toasted (see Tip)
- Combine soy sauce, vinegar and chile-garlic sauce in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ginger; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add snow peas, radishes and scallions; cook, stirring frequently, until the peas are tender-crisp, 2 to 4 minutes. Add the sauce and stir to coat well. Remove from the heat; stir in cashews.
Tips & Notes
- Ingredient Note: Chile-garlic sauce is a blend of ground chiles, garlic and vinegar. It can be found in the Asian section of large supermarkets. Refrigerate for up to 1 year.
- Kitchen Tip: To toast nuts, place in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Per serving: 90 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 2 g fiber; 185 mg sodium; 236 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (57% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- May/June 2010