Cashew-Snow Pea Stir-Fry
From EatingWell: May/June 2010
Radishes add a burst of color to this easy snow pea stir-fry and cooking them tames their spiciness.
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chile-garlic sauce (see Note)
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 cups snow peas (about 9 ounces), trimmed
- 3/4 cup trimmed and quartered radishes (about 1 bunch)
- 4 scallions, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons unsalted cashews, toasted (see Tip)
- Combine soy sauce, vinegar and chile-garlic sauce in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ginger; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add snow peas, radishes and scallions; cook, stirring frequently, until the peas are tender-crisp, 2 to 4 minutes. Add the sauce and stir to coat well. Remove from the heat; stir in cashews.
Tips & Notes
- Ingredient Note: Chile-garlic sauce is a blend of ground chiles, garlic and vinegar. It can be found in the Asian section of large supermarkets. Refrigerate for up to 1 year.
- Kitchen Tip: To toast nuts, place in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Per serving: 90 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 2 g fiber; 185 mg sodium; 236 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (57% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- May/June 2010