From EatingWell: July/August 2013
This Asian carrot-ginger vinaigrette recipe is so yummy, you’d never guess it contains 37% of the daily value of vitamin A from the carrots. Use this quick and easy ginger salad dressing tossed with zesty salad greens or Asian stir-fry greens.
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white miso (see Tip)
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Place carrot, oil, vinegar, miso, onion, ginger and soy sauce in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Or blend in a large glass measuring cup or wide jar with an immersion blender.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Tip: Miso is a fermented soybean paste that adds flavor to dishes like soups, sauces and salad dressings. White or sweet miso (Shiromiso), made with soy and rice, is yellow and milder in flavor. Look for it near tofu at well-stocked supermarkets. It will keep in the refrigerator for at least a year.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 112 calories; 11 g fat (1 g sat, 7 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 189 mg sodium; 51 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (37% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 2 Fat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Salad dressing
- Ease of Preparation
- July/August 2013