From EatingWell: July/August 2013
This Asian carrot-ginger vinaigrette recipe is so yummy, you’d never guess it contains 37% of the daily value of vitamin A from the carrots. Use this quick and easy ginger salad dressing tossed with zesty salad greens or Asian stir-fry greens.
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white miso (see Tip)
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Place carrot, oil, vinegar, miso, onion, ginger and soy sauce in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Or blend in a large glass measuring cup or wide jar with an immersion blender.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Tip: Miso is a fermented soybean paste that adds flavor to dishes like soups, sauces and salad dressings. White or sweet miso (Shiromiso), made with soy and rice, is yellow and milder in flavor. Look for it near tofu at well-stocked supermarkets. It will keep in the refrigerator for at least a year.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 112 calories; 11 g fat (1 g sat, 7 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 189 mg sodium; 51 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (37% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 2 Fat
More From EatingWell
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
Wraps are a delicious and healthy alternative to standard...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Asparagus, rhubarb, peas, artichokes, beets, carrots and more...
Take advantage of all of the spring’s fresh produce with our...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Healthy scones are as easy to make as a quick bread and these...
Turkish, Lebanese and other Middle Eastern flavors star in...The easiest way to make your chicken sing—punch it up with fresh...
Our healthy lemon recipes are bursting with the bright,...
Preventing heart disease through diet is made easier with our...
Instead of going out for date night, stay in and cook a...
One-pot meals are great, but they often serve a crowd. These...
- Type of Dish
- Salad dressing
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- July/August 2013