From EatingWell: July/August 2013
This Asian carrot-ginger vinaigrette recipe is so yummy, you’d never guess it contains 37% of the daily value of vitamin A from the carrots. Use this quick and easy ginger salad dressing tossed with zesty salad greens or Asian stir-fry greens.
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white miso (see Tip)
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Place carrot, oil, vinegar, miso, onion, ginger and soy sauce in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Or blend in a large glass measuring cup or wide jar with an immersion blender.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Tip: Miso is a fermented soybean paste that adds flavor to dishes like soups, sauces and salad dressings. White or sweet miso (Shiromiso), made with soy and rice, is yellow and milder in flavor. Look for it near tofu at well-stocked supermarkets. It will keep in the refrigerator for at least a year.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 112 calories; 11 g fat (1 g sat, 7 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 189 mg sodium; 51 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (37% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 2 Fat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Salad dressing
- Ease of Preparation
- July/August 2013