From EatingWell: September/October 1992
These cookies are made sweet and flavorful by the addition of a generous amount of chopped dates.
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pitted dates
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups sifted cake flour
- 1/4 cup Grape-Nuts cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Position rack in the center of the oven and preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or coat with cooking spray.
- Stir together dates, carrots, yogurt, sugar, oil and vanilla in a medium bowl. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Stir together flour, Grape-Nuts, baking soda and salt in another medium bowl. Stir the dry ingredients into the date mixture with a wooden spoon, mixing just until blended. Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls onto a prepared baking sheet, spacing the cookies about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake until the tops spring back when touched lightly, about 15 minutes Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool.
Per cookie: 71 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 71 mg sodium; 80 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
Ready in 30 minutes or less, these healthy spring recipes are...
Whether you’re making soup for an appetizer or a main-course...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Asparagus is high in folic acid and is a good source of...
Comfort foods are notoriously high in calories and saturated...
Entertaining is made easy with these delicious brunch recipes...
Spend less time in the kitchen; plug in your crock pot! Slow...
Healthy dinners that fit in one bowl are quick and convenient...
There's nothing better than a quick, easy and affordable...
Our low-calorie comfort food recipes are soothing, comforting...
Your slow cooker is the perfect tool to prepare an easy meal...
If you’re hoping to get a better night’s sleep, try adding...
Everyone is Irish on St. Patrick’s Day! Celebrate this year...
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- September/October 1992