From EatingWell: September/October 1992
These cookies are made sweet and flavorful by the addition of a generous amount of chopped dates.
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pitted dates
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups sifted cake flour
- 1/4 cup Grape-Nuts cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Position rack in the center of the oven and preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or coat with cooking spray.
- Stir together dates, carrots, yogurt, sugar, oil and vanilla in a medium bowl. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Stir together flour, Grape-Nuts, baking soda and salt in another medium bowl. Stir the dry ingredients into the date mixture with a wooden spoon, mixing just until blended. Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls onto a prepared baking sheet, spacing the cookies about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake until the tops spring back when touched lightly, about 15 minutes Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool.
Per cookie: 71 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 71 mg sodium; 80 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- September/October 1992