From EatingWell: September/October 1992
These cookies are made sweet and flavorful by the addition of a generous amount of chopped dates.
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pitted dates
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups sifted cake flour
- 1/4 cup Grape-Nuts cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Position rack in the center of the oven and preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or coat with cooking spray.
- Stir together dates, carrots, yogurt, sugar, oil and vanilla in a medium bowl. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Stir together flour, Grape-Nuts, baking soda and salt in another medium bowl. Stir the dry ingredients into the date mixture with a wooden spoon, mixing just until blended. Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls onto a prepared baking sheet, spacing the cookies about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake until the tops spring back when touched lightly, about 15 minutes Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool.
Per cookie: 71 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 71 mg sodium; 80 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- September/October 1992