From EatingWell: September/October 1992
These cookies are made sweet and flavorful by the addition of a generous amount of chopped dates.
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pitted dates
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups sifted cake flour
- 1/4 cup Grape-Nuts cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Position rack in the center of the oven and preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or coat with cooking spray.
- Stir together dates, carrots, yogurt, sugar, oil and vanilla in a medium bowl. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Stir together flour, Grape-Nuts, baking soda and salt in another medium bowl. Stir the dry ingredients into the date mixture with a wooden spoon, mixing just until blended. Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls onto a prepared baking sheet, spacing the cookies about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake until the tops spring back when touched lightly, about 15 minutes Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool.
Per cookie: 71 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 71 mg sodium; 80 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 1992