From EatingWell: September/October 1992
These cookies are made sweet and flavorful by the addition of a generous amount of chopped dates.
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pitted dates
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups sifted cake flour
- 1/4 cup Grape-Nuts cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Position rack in the center of the oven and preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or coat with cooking spray.
- Stir together dates, carrots, yogurt, sugar, oil and vanilla in a medium bowl. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Stir together flour, Grape-Nuts, baking soda and salt in another medium bowl. Stir the dry ingredients into the date mixture with a wooden spoon, mixing just until blended. Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls onto a prepared baking sheet, spacing the cookies about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake until the tops spring back when touched lightly, about 15 minutes Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool.
Per cookie: 71 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 71 mg sodium; 80 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
Make cooking Thanksgiving dinner easier with these simple...
If hungry guests are on their way for Thanksgiving dinner,...
These healthy, flavorful Thanksgiving side dishes are...
Use wild rice in a variety of healthy side dishes, including...
One of the most iconic fall vegetables, squash is a versatile...
Sauces and relishes provide the sweet or savory flavor...
Tender, sweet and just a little nutty, Brussels sprouts add a...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
There's nothing more enticing than walking into the kitchen...
If you have celiac disease or are sensitive to gluten, there...
Serve one of these healthy vegetarian main dishes, and you're...
The holiday season is the perfect time to use fresh...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
If you’re looking for a quick and easy appetizer to make for...
Entertaining is made easy with these delicious brunch recipes...
Take the stress out of Thanksgiving with these easy, healthy...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 1992