Carrot Salad with Honey-Lemon Dressing
From EatingWell: September/October 2009
Here we combine carrots and celery root (also known as celeriac) in a quick shredded slaw. Try it as a change from an ordinary mixed green salad.
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups shredded carrots, (about 4 medium)
- 1 cup peeled and shredded celery root (see Note)
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted (see Tip)
- Whisk oil, lemon juice, honey, shallot, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add carrots, celery root, raisins and walnuts; toss to combine.
Tips & Notes
- Ingredient Note: Look for celery root (or celeriac) in the refrigerated produce section near other root vegetables. To peel it, remove the thick skin with a knife or use a vegetable peeler and peel around the root at least three times to remove all the fibrous skin.
Per serving: 190 calories; 12 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 22 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 3 g fiber; 357 mg sodium; 384 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (204% daily value), Vitamin C (16% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 2 vegetable, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Ease of Preparation
- September/October 2009