Carrot Salad with Honey-Lemon Dressing
From EatingWell: September/October 2009
Here we combine carrots and celery root (also known as celeriac) in a quick shredded slaw. Try it as a change from an ordinary mixed green salad.
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups shredded carrots, (about 4 medium)
- 1 cup peeled and shredded celery root (see Note)
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted (see Tip)
- Whisk oil, lemon juice, honey, shallot, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add carrots, celery root, raisins and walnuts; toss to combine.
Tips & Notes
- Ingredient Note: Look for celery root (or celeriac) in the refrigerated produce section near other root vegetables. To peel it, remove the thick skin with a knife or use a vegetable peeler and peel around the root at least three times to remove all the fibrous skin.
Per serving: 190 calories; 12 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 22 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 3 g fiber; 357 mg sodium; 384 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (204% daily value), Vitamin C (16% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 2 vegetable, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Ease of Preparation
- September/October 2009