Carrot Cake Waffle Breakfast Sandwich
From EatingWell: March/April 2013
Carrot cake for breakfast? Why not! This innovative healthy waffle breakfast-sandwich recipe uses whole-grain frozen waffles instead of bread and has a carrot cake-like filling made with reduced-fat cream cheese, shredded carrot, raisins and walnuts sweetened with a touch of maple syrup. Even better, it’s ready in 5 minutes!
- 2 whole-grain frozen waffles
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- Toast waffles. Spread cream cheese on 1 waffle. Top with carrot, raisins and walnuts. Drizzle with maple syrup. Top with the remaining waffle.
Per serving: 441 calories; 20 g fat (6 g sat, 6 g mono); 95 mg cholesterol; 57 g carbohydrates; 12 g added sugars; 13 g protein; 5 g fiber; 400 mg sodium; 604 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (193% daily value), Calcium (28% dv), Potassium (17% dv), Magnesium (16% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 3 1/2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fruit, 1 vegetable, 1/2 other carbohydrate, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Type of Dish
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- March/April 2013
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)