my family loved this meal. They love bacon and I don't make it that offen so it was a treat. It was easy and quick...will make again
Spaghetti Carbonara with Peas
From EatingWell: January/February 2013
Our healthy spaghetti carbonara recipe is lower in calories and fat than a traditional spaghetti carbonara recipe, plus it boasts 9 more grams of fiber per serving from whole-wheat pasta. For the best flavor, use Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. The eggs in the sauce are not fully cooked; if you’re concerned about consuming undercooked eggs, use pasteurized-in-the-shell eggs in this spaghetti carbonara recipe.
2 Reviews for Spaghetti Carbonara with Peas
Both my husband and I loved this meal! I was surprised at how much flavor this had. Making sure the eggs are at room temperature was key to a creamy sauce.
I used turkey bacon, minced garlic from a jar and thawed the peas separately on the stove, followed the rest of the recipe as is. So good! Will add this to the rotation.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)