Sautéed Brussels Sprouts with Caraway & Lemon
From EatingWell: September/October 2010
Thinly sliced Brussels sprouts cook quickly and soak up whatever flavors you add to them—in this case, lemon and caraway.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, quartered and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and caraway seeds and cook, stirring often, until the onion begins to soften, about 4 minutes. Add Brussels sprouts, water, salt and pepper and cook, stirring often, until the Brussels sprouts are tender and browned in spots, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
Per serving: 79 calories; 4 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 8 mg cholesterol; 11 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 4 g fiber; 318 mg sodium; 428 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (133% daily value), Folate & Vitamin A (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- September/October 2010
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)