Sautéed Brussels Sprouts with Caraway & Lemon
From EatingWell: September/October 2010
Thinly sliced Brussels sprouts cook quickly and soak up whatever flavors you add to them—in this case, lemon and caraway.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, quartered and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and caraway seeds and cook, stirring often, until the onion begins to soften, about 4 minutes. Add Brussels sprouts, water, salt and pepper and cook, stirring often, until the Brussels sprouts are tender and browned in spots, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
Per serving: 79 calories; 4 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 8 mg cholesterol; 11 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 4 g fiber; 318 mg sodium; 428 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (133% daily value), Folate & Vitamin A (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 2010