Sautéed Brussels Sprouts with Caraway & Lemon
From EatingWell: September/October 2010
Thinly sliced Brussels sprouts cook quickly and soak up whatever flavors you add to them—in this case, lemon and caraway.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, quartered and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and caraway seeds and cook, stirring often, until the onion begins to soften, about 4 minutes. Add Brussels sprouts, water, salt and pepper and cook, stirring often, until the Brussels sprouts are tender and browned in spots, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
Per serving: 79 calories; 4 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 8 mg cholesterol; 11 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 4 g fiber; 318 mg sodium; 428 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (133% daily value), Folate & Vitamin A (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- September/October 2010