The fresh combination of banana, cantaloupe and low-fat dairy in this smoothie packs a powerful punch of potassium, calcium, vitamin C and beta carotene.
- 1 banana
- 1/4 ripe ripe cantaloupe, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup nonfat or low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place unpeeled banana in the freezer overnight (or for up to 3 months). Remove banana from the freezer and let it sit until the skin begins to soften, about 2 minutes. Remove the skin with a paring knife. (Don’t worry if a little fiber remains.) Cut the banana into chunks; combine in a blender or food processor with cantaloupe, yogurt, dry milk, orange juice, honey and vanilla. Cover and blend until smooth.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Freeze the banana for up to 3 months.
Per serving: 314 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 72 g carbohydrates; 11 g protein; 4 g fiber; 135 mg sodium; 1052 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (160% daily value), Vitamin A (90% dv), Potassium (30% dv), Calcium (28% dv), Folate (23% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 4 1/2
Exchanges: 4 fruit, 1 nonfat milk
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Ease of Preparation