The fresh combination of banana, cantaloupe and low-fat dairy in this smoothie packs a powerful punch of potassium, calcium, vitamin C and beta carotene.
- 1 banana
- 1/4 ripe ripe cantaloupe, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup nonfat or low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place unpeeled banana in the freezer overnight (or for up to 3 months). Remove banana from the freezer and let it sit until the skin begins to soften, about 2 minutes. Remove the skin with a paring knife. (Don’t worry if a little fiber remains.) Cut the banana into chunks; combine in a blender or food processor with cantaloupe, yogurt, dry milk, orange juice, honey and vanilla. Cover and blend until smooth.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Freeze the banana for up to 3 months.
Per serving: 314 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 72 g carbohydrates; 11 g protein; 4 g fiber; 135 mg sodium; 1052 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (160% daily value), Vitamin A (90% dv), Potassium (30% dv), Calcium (28% dv), Folate (23% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 4 1/2
Exchanges: 4 fruit, 1 nonfat milk
More From EatingWell
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
Eating meatless at least once a week has a host of health...
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
These healthy vegan recipes take you on a virtual trip around...
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Ease of Preparation
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)