The fresh combination of banana, cantaloupe and low-fat dairy in this smoothie packs a powerful punch of potassium, calcium, vitamin C and beta carotene.
- 1 banana
- 1/4 ripe ripe cantaloupe, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup nonfat or low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place unpeeled banana in the freezer overnight (or for up to 3 months). Remove banana from the freezer and let it sit until the skin begins to soften, about 2 minutes. Remove the skin with a paring knife. (Don’t worry if a little fiber remains.) Cut the banana into chunks; combine in a blender or food processor with cantaloupe, yogurt, dry milk, orange juice, honey and vanilla. Cover and blend until smooth.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Freeze the banana for up to 3 months.
Per serving: 314 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 72 g carbohydrates; 11 g protein; 4 g fiber; 135 mg sodium; 1052 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (160% daily value), Vitamin A (90% dv), Potassium (30% dv), Calcium (28% dv), Folate (23% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 4 1/2
Exchanges: 4 fruit, 1 nonfat milk
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour