Cantaloupe Ice Pops
From EatingWell: July/August 1996
Finely slivered mint frozen inside these cantaloupe ice pops adds a delightfully pretty flair.
- 1 small cantaloupe
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely slivered fresh mint leaves
- 1/4-1/3 cup lemon juice, depending on the sweetness of the melon
- Cut cantaloupe in half; remove and discard the seeds. Scoop out the flesh and transfer to a food processor. Puree until smooth; measure 1 1/3 cups puree and transfer to a small bowl. (Reserve any remaining puree for another use, such as a smoothie.)
- Pour water into a small saucepan, add sugar and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in mint and immediately remove from the heat. Let stand for 1 minute.
- Stir the mint syrup and lemon juice into the cantaloupe puree. Pour the mixture into 8 individual popsicle molds or small (2-ounce) paper cups.
- Freeze until beginning to set, about 1 hour. Insert frozen-treat sticks and freeze until completely firm. Dip the molds briefly in hot water before unmolding.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Equipment: 8 popsicle molds or small (2-ounce) paper cups
Per serving: 45 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 12 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 10 mg sodium; 160 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (40% daily value), Vitamin A (35% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
Wraps are a delicious and healthy alternative to standard...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Asparagus, rhubarb, peas, artichokes, beets, carrots and more...
Take advantage of all of the spring’s fresh produce with our...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Healthy scones are as easy to make as a quick bread and these...
Turkish, Lebanese and other Middle Eastern flavors star in...The easiest way to make your chicken sing—punch it up with fresh...
Our healthy lemon recipes are bursting with the bright,...
Preventing heart disease through diet is made easier with our...
Instead of going out for date night, stay in and cook a...
One-pot meals are great, but they often serve a crowd. These...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- July/August 1996