Caesar Salad Dressing
From EatingWell: EatingWell Serves Two
Double this recipe to have extra dressing on hand for tomorrow night's salad.
- 1/2 small clove garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon anchovy paste, or to taste (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated Asiago cheese
- Place garlic and salt in a medium bowl and mash with the back of a spoon to form a paste. Add lemon juice, mayonnaise, mustard, anchovy paste (if using), and pepper; whisk to combine. Slowly drizzle in oil, whisking constantly. Add cheese and whisk to combine.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: The dressing will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Per tablespoon: 32 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 78 mg sodium; 5 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
Don’t be fooled: granola sounds healthy, but it's often high...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Summer's bounty of fresh berries invites creativity. From...
Fiber-rich okra is delicious, whether pickled, roasted or...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
If you’re following the Paleo Diet then you know that you...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Salad dressing
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- EatingWell Serves Two